The German environmental aid (DUH) increases the pressure on authorities: More than 40 cities to demonstrate that they take measures against too high a nitrogen oxide values – for example, driving bans. Your place of residence?
- Rights of use
The list is long: In more than 60 cities to be exceeded according to the German environmental aid (DUH), the nitrogen dioxide limit values by more than ten percent. Because the organization has committed to the fight for better air quality, wants to managing Director Jürgen Resch exert pressure on the municipalities. On Thursday, he announced that a formal process for the position of compliance with the limit values for nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
Resch said that the air pollution control competent authorities would be asked to explain within four weeks of mandatory effective measures such as Diesel-driving bans. He further threatened: “If the answers are not satisfactory, we will consider further legal proceedings and, where appropriate, in the short term to initiate.” With this approach, the DUH was in Stuttgart successfully: judgment after a court soon driving bans for diesel cars.
In road transport in Europe may not be far-exceeded the level of 40 micrograms of nitrogen dioxide per cubic meter in the annual average. 18 Times in a year may be the peak value, is higher than 200 micrograms. According to the Federal environmental Agency this was in the year 2016 in Stuttgart, for example, 35 Times, and in Darmstadt, Germany 28 Times.
The DUH in your city for a procedure? Here is the list of municipalities, taken from the DUH to target is:
(In parentheses, the calculated annual nitrogen dioxide average in micrograms per cubic meter in the year 2016)
- Baden-Württemberg: Heilbronn (57), Backnang (56), Esslingen am Neckar (54), Ludwigsburg (53), Mühlacker (49), Ravensburg (49), Mr mountain (49), Tübingen (48), Leinfelden-Echterdingen (47), Leon hill (47), Pleidelsheim (47), Mannheim (46), Heidenheim an der Brenz (44), cakes (44)
- Bavaria: Nuremberg, Germany (46), Augsburg (46)
- Hamburg (62)
- Hesse: Marburg, 47, Casting (44)
- Lower Saxony: Hanover (55), Oldenburg (50), Osnabrück (48), Hildesheim (44)
- North Rhine-Westphalia Düren (60), Hagen (51), Dortmund (51), Bochum (50) Paderborn (50), Wuppertal, Germany (49), Bielefeld (49), Wins (48), Oberhausen (48), Hürth (47), Leverkusen (45), Herne (45), Witten (45), Neuss (45), Mülheim an der Ruhr (45), swords (44), Mönchengladbach 44
- Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany: Ludwigshafen (46),
- Saxony: Dresden (45)
- Saxony-Anhalt: Halle (46),
- Schleswig-Holstein: Kiel (65), Norderstedt (44)
In these cities, has the DUH already complained: Stuttgart (82), Munich (80), Reutlingen (66), Cologne, Germany (63), Limburg a. d Lahn (60), Düsseldorf (58), Darmstadt (55), Wiesbaden (53), Mainz (53), and Berlin (52), Frankfurt (52), Offenbach am Main (51), food (51), Bonn, Germany (49), Aachen, Germany (49), Gelsenkirchen (48)